From the author
vanilla seeds (on the tip of a knife)
1. First of all, you need to put water and oil in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Sift the flour, grate the chilled butter on a coarse grater, quickly grind the butter-flour mixture with your hands in crumbs.
2. Add vinegar, salt and egg to ice water, mix and pour into the flour mixture. Quickly knead the dough, no need to knead it for a long time.
3. Divide the dough into 16 parts, it is better with the help of scales, roll up the balls, cover with a film and put in the refrigerator for 1.5-2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Roll the ball on parchment paper as thin as possible, trying to adhere to the shape of a circle. Prick with a fork and send to bake for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
5. Then, until the cake has cooled, cut out a circle using the shape of the desired diameter, do not discard the trim, they will be sprinkled.
Cooking cream for soaking cakes.
6. Bring milk to a boil, add vanilla.
7. Mix eggs with sugar and starch, do not beat! Gently pour the egg mixture into the milk and stir all the time. Cook until thick, without stopping to interfere. After boiling, boil for a couple of minutes and remove from heat. At the end, add oil, mix, pour into a bowl, cover with a film so that it touches the surface of the cream, and put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
8. Before assembling the cake, you should whip heavily chilled cream until fluffy, add a couple of tablespoons of cream to them, whip again, and then carefully introduce the whole cream, keeping it airy, stirring with a spatula.
Assembly of the cake.
9. Coat each cake with cream (1.5-2 tablespoons), except for the last cake. Put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, when the cake settles a little, press it gently with your hand, coat the top and sides again.
10. Dry the remaining scraps in the oven and turn them into a large crumb with your hands or a blender. Sprinkle crumb cake on all sides.
Leave the cake in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
Cake recipe Napoleon “Sundae” – 24 cakes, custard cream, moderately sweet, moderately moist and very tasty!