From the author
Taste? Oh, let the pictures speak. Photography the fault of the biscuits is below. Some of the most delicious that I ever tasted.
Kanelbullar (Kanelbulle), they’re Danish or Swedish buns. Traditional stuffing with sugar and cinnamon, but the weather outside the window persistently said more chocolate! And not just (boring otherwise), and with nuts, is better with pistachios!
In this recipe I showed in the photos the whole process of moulding rolls “from” and “to”. Better to see once. It’s very simple, when clearly.
For forming rolls need to roll out the dough into the reservoir, on one half, spread the chocolate filling, dusted with pistachios. Close the dough in the second half. Cut into thin strips and form rolls, zamatyvala the dough into fingers. Due to this forming in the loaf turns out a lot of chocolate toppings is what you need! Be sure to try this recipe for Swedish chocolate biscuits!
500 g (+a bit for work)
1. In a deep bowl add the flour, icing sugar, zest (if desired) and yeast. Mix. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan pour the milk, add butter and put on fire. Warm and stir until until the butter is melted. Turn off the heat. Add salt. Mix. Cool milk-oil mixture to a warm state. It should not be hot.
3. Add egg to milk mixture and mix to combine.
4. Enter liquid ingredients into flour mixture. Knead the dough in the mixer with an attachment “hook”, or hand. At first the dough will be sticky, but the kneading process will become smooth, tender. Add a little flour to the work, if necessary.
5. Bowl grease with butter, put the dough and cover with plastic wrap. Leave for proofing for 1 hour. During this time the dough doubles in volume.
♡ Meanwhile prepare the chocolate filling.
6. In a bowl, placed on a water bath (or in a saucepan on low to medium heat) add the butter and chocolate. Continuously stir until then, until the mixture becomes homogeneous (the butter and the chocolate will melt). Remove from heat, add icing sugar and cocoa powder. Mix. Cool the filling before applying to the dough. She stabiliziruemost and become more dense.
♡ Roll out the dough and form buns.
7. After one hour remove the dough and roll it into a layer approximately 30 to 50 cm.
Step-by-step process of how to form the buns, look at the photos below! ☟
8. Put the chocolate filling on half of rolled dough. Sprinkle with pistachio nuts. Close the dough in the second half. Cut the rectangle into thin strips 2 – 2.5 cm wide.
9. Form scones by turning the dough into fingers, like threads in a ball. The end strips wrap around the rolls.
10. Place formed buns on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover with a tea towel and leave for 30 – 40 minutes.
♡ Time to bake rolls.
11. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Buns before baking brush with egg. Send in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
♡ Meanwhile, cook the syrup.
In a saucepan put the sugar and water. Boil 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract (or paste).
From these rolls the dough is tender and soft, downy. A lot of toppings. The syrup is also necessary – finishing touch, don’t be lazy and do. Photography the fault of the biscuits is below. This is one of the most delicious that I ever tasted.