From the author
1. Lightly beat eggs with sugar in a saucepan until white. Add salt and mix. Add honey and diced butter. Put the stewpan with a thick bottom in a water bath. Stir contents until oil dissolves. Add soda (without removing from the water bath), the mass will increase in volume.
2. Next, stirring constantly, gradually add half the flour (sifted). Mix well until smooth and remove from the water bath. It turns out choux pastry.
3. In the still hot dough, gradually add the remainder of the (sifted) flour, and knead the dough. Divide the test into 4 equal parts. Roll each part very thinly into rectangles measuring 20 x 25 (30) cm (where 20 cm is half the height of the cake). Transfer each cake to parchment, chop it with a fork in several places. Bake each for about 5-6 minutes. at a pace. 190 gr. S. until golden brown.
4. Then immediately cut each cake layer lengthwise into 2 parts, so that the width of the finished cake layers is 10 cm (this is the height of the cake). Cut irregularities along the edges (they will go to sprinkle the cake). The result is 8 rectangles measuring 10 x 25 (30) cm.
Cooking cream for soaking cakes
5. Sour cream well with sugar. At the end add cream cheese and mix well with a mixer. Add almond petals and mix.
6. Cover each cake with cream. Leave to soak in the refrigerator for several hours (you can at night).
Preparing the final cover
7. Beat cream well with sugar puree (it is better to add powder at the end of whipping, but not immediately!).
8. Grind scraps from cakes in a blender to crumbs. They with almond petals (20 gr.) Will go for decoration.
Making a cake
9. The impregnated cakes are rolled into a roll. (Photo of the assembly you see below)
It is done like this: take one cake (strip) and start to roll, then at the end put a little overlap on the next cake and roll all the cake. At first they will break, but in the end everything will be fine.
Then take the split ring, wrap it with cling film and put the cake there. Clamp the ring. Put in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. This is necessary so that the cake takes shape and the cakes stick together.
10. Next, cover the cake with whipped cream, sprinkle with crumbs from the edges on the edges. Sprinkle almond petals on top.
A vertical honey cake with almond petals looks very beautiful in a section. It turns out very tasty and tender!