Such kebabs can also be prepared from a mixture of “sea cocktail”, stringing mussels, small octopuses, slices of squid and the same shrimp on a skewer.
- 1 kg fresh medium-sized shrimp
- 200 ml cream 33% fat
- garlic – 4 cloves
- vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
- 200 g thinly sliced dry-cured bacon
- onions – 1 medium onion
- 3 sweet peppers: red, yellow and green
- dry white wine
STEP-BY-STEP COOKING RECIPE
1. Shrimp clear of shell, remove the head. Make a shallow incision along the back of each shrimp and remove the intestines. Wash peppers, remove seeds and stalks. Cut half of each pepper into small cubes (or triangles). Wrap each shrimp with a strip of bacon. String shrimps on wooden skewers of 4 pieces, alternating them with slices of pepper.
2. Preheat the oven to 200ºС. Heat a frying pan of a suitable size well, pour vegetable oil into it, and heat it. Fry kebabs for 3 minutes. on each side, and then bring them to readiness in the oven for 2 minutes. Keep warm until served.
3. Bake the remaining halves of peppers in the oven (15 minutes), put in a plastic bag, allow to cool, remove from the bag and remove the peel. Peel the onion and garlic, chop finely. Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan, put onion and garlic, fry over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Then pour dry white wine, let it evaporate two-thirds. Reduce the heat to a minimum. Stir constantly, add hot cream. Cook over very low heat until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Divide the resulting sauce base into three equal parts. Place each part in a blender with one of the baked sweet pepper halves and grind. Then wipe the sauce through a fine sieve – to give it a more delicate texture. Serve to the barbecue.
Various sauces can be served with this dish – both in European and Asian style. For example, add a teaspoon of sugar and a tablespoon of grated fresh ginger to a cup of soy sauce, and then boil the mixture for one third of the volume over low heat. Or peanut sauce. Grind a cup of roasted peanuts in a blender, then, without turning off the blender, add half a cup of vegetable oil and, at the end, a little starch soaked in water; salt to taste.
Servings Per Container
“School grocery store”
# 3 (29), 2005
If you notice a mistake or inaccuracy, please write a comment, we will respond.
Table of weights and measures
Those who are looking for an easy kebab recipe should pay attention to the chicken or turkey kebab recipe. …
Kebabs – open the season!
They say that the word “barbecue” translates as “from the muzzle to the tail.” More often …
Traditional beer snacks are various seafood (especially shrimp), fried chicken …
When preparing a barbecue, you must ensure that all products are completely fried. Appearance may …