- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds lightly crushed
- 2 1/2 cups fish or seafood stock warmed
- 1 lb gold potatoes cut into
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Capers
- 2 leaves
- 4 oz cream cheese softened and cut into pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 4 oz Shrimp chopped or use salad shrimp
- 8 oz thick-cut smoked salmon cut into bite-sized pieces
Add butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
When butter melts, add onion and celery to the pot and saute until soft, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, basil and fennel and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Add stock to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
Add potatoes, tomatoes, tomato paste, capers and bay leaves and stir to combine.
Add cream cheese to the top in an even layer – do not stir.
6. Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 4 minutes.
When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 4 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
Stir for 1-2 minutes until cream cheese is fully incorporated, then add cream and Old Bay and stir to combine.
Gently fold in shrimp and smoked salmon and heat through, returning to SAUTE mode as needed.
Serve hot with cracked pepper, oyster crackers or crusty bread.