From the author
How to decorate a cake? Look in the gallery under the recipe! In General, the netting of the “bars” is easy. I took the gradual process of the creation of such netting. First, vertical stripes, then the centre starts to make a grating.
This netting? The dough should be cold. Here did you billet for the grille and send them in the freezer for a few minutes. Same with the pie while the oven’s heating up, the pie in the cold waiting. Leaves from dough made using cutting mastic.
As for the apricot filling, then it’s not just pie, but rather the apricots in the dough, so the quality and taste of apricots play an important role. If they are sour, and the pie will be the same.
3 or 5 tbsp
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt.
2. Cold butter and cold cream cheese, cut into small cubes ( about 1 cm).
3. Using a food processor or hand mash the butter and cream cheese with flour mixture into crumbs about the size of a pea. Act quickly so that the butter is not melted.
4. Add cold cream (you can replace sour cream). You may need between 3-5 tablespoons, so add gradually. Knead the dough.
5. Wrap it in plastic wrap and leave in refrigerator at least 1 hour ( can be overnight). The dough stored in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Now prepare the stuffing.
6. Cut the apricots in half, remove the pits. Now each half for 2 pieces.
7. Fold the quartered apricots in a deep bowl. Add the sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt. Mix.
8. In the form with the dough (dough recipe from a previous post) put the stuffing. Close the pie with a lattice and brush with egg.
9. Bake in a preheated 180C oven for about 50 minutes.
How to decorate outdoor braided pie dough, see photos. With such a weaving any cake will look festive and elegant!