From the author
4 large eggs
550g + 2 more tablespoons
2 large lemons
2. Enter the eggs one by one then the remaining flour, 2 tbsp sugar and a pinch of salt.
3. There also grate the zest of 1 lemon and knead to the consistency of soft dough. Slowly stir in the melted butter until the dough is smooth. Transfer to a clean bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and leave for 30 minutes so that the dough increased in volume by half.
4. Preheat the oven to 190°C. cake pan with a diameter of 22 cm grease with butter and sprinkle with flour. Spoon the batter into the pan, cover again and leave for 45 minutes until it rises to the edges of the form.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes – the cake should be Golden and move away from the walls of the mold.
6. For the syrup, combine in the saucepan sugar, juice of 2 lemons and zest of orange, 800 ml of water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, from time to time turning the pot from side to side so that the sugar is evenly melted. When the sugar has dissolved, boil the syrup at a slow boil for 5 minutes, then remove from heat, stir in rum (or rum essence) and set aside.
7. The finished cake remove from the oven and leave for 10 minutes to cool. After 5 minutes, pierce the top of the cupcake with a toothpick and pour warm syrup (pre-strain the syrup).
8. Invert the cake on serving dish, pour the remaining syrup and serve.
Recipe delicious lemon-orange rum Baba, which has long wanted to bake! The purchase like best soaked the bottom part, and the home is fully turned out juicy, delicious and flavorful!