From the author
For stability Kurd added a bit of gelatin, the consistency was slightly thicker, like cream. As for toppings – strawberry sauce, which was zapustila agar plates in the absence of pectin.
This recipe lemon tart with meringue is very detailed, but he does not scare you. I painted all the steps in great detail, so there is no issues. I recommend to cook the tart in 2 days, it is more convenient. The first day I baked the Foundation and prepared the lemon filling, the second with strawberry filling and meringue, then quickly assembled the tart. All, to supply it ready immediately.
This time I made even 2 types of meringue to choose from – Italian and Swiss. I liked the first one more as it is more stable, air and squirrels exposed⠀heat treatment. But without a thermometer it is difficult to prepare (especially if, as the syrup is important to get to 121 degrees)
130g (about 3 lemons)
160g (approximately 3 eggs)
1. In a large bowl, add cold butter (cut into cubes), sugar and flour. Quickly RUB your fingers to a state of fine crumbs.
2. Add the egg and fast movements knead a smooth dough. Wrap plastic wrap and leave in refrigerator for at least 1 hour (can be overnight).
3. Roll out the dough thickness of 3-5mm between two sheets of parchment paper.
4. Spoon the batter into the form for tarte, the bottom prick with fork and put in the freezer for 10 minutes.
5. After the time remove the basis for the tart, cover it with parchment paper, and pour a load – beans/buckwheat/rice.
6. Bake in the oven at 170 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. Then remove the beans and paper. Continue to bake without a load for another 10 minutes. A complete basis for Tarta remove from the oven and cool completely.
★ Now to prepare the lemon filling (lemon curd).
7. Sheet gelatin soak in cold water (if using powder, dissolve it in water in the ratio 1:6)
8. In a saucepan with a thick bottom, pour in the lemon juice, add eggs and sugar. Place on low heat and, stirring constantly, bring the mixture until thick. But it should not boil. Approximate temperature should be 82С, you will see how in the process of cooking it will start to thicken.
9. Remove from heat and cool slightly lemon Kurd. Pass it through a sieve and add the soaked leaf (or powder) gelatin. Stir to dissolve the latter. Enter butter, cut into cubes. Mix to combine. Then add the white chocolate (pre-heat it with short pulses in the microwave) and mix. Close the tape in contact and put in the refrigerator (if you plan to assemble the tart the next day).
★ How to make a strawberry filling for the tart.
10. Rinse the strawberries and cut into pieces. If using frozen pre-defrost and drain excess liquid.
11. In a saucepan fold the strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract. Put the saucepan on the stove and bring to a boil. Continue to cook 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
12. Add agar-agar (pre-dissolve in a minimum amount of cold water). Mix. Cook for another few minutes, then remove from heat. Punch a blender until smooth. In the process of cooling the filling will thicken even more.
★ How to make Italian meringue to cover the tart.
13. In a saucepan pour the sugar, pour water and put on a slow fire. Boil the syrup, stirring, until the temperature 121С.
14. While the syrup cooks, in the bowl of a mixer, place the whites and beat them until stiff. Continuing to whisk, pour a thin stream around the edge of the Cup prepared hot syrup. Beat for another few minutes until stiff meringue.
Important: before baking (Browning) the meringue needs to be very stable, as in the photo, and to keep the shape.
★ Now collect tarts.
15. On a sand base put strawberry filling and flatten it, then the lemon filling. On top decorate with meringue. Using tablespoon, shape it, making the curls. Brown the meringue either by a gas burner or in the oven (to put tar under the hot grill until it will turn brown)
The combination of sour lemon with airy meringue protein is always delicious! In this embodiment, the lemon tart added taste of the sweet strawberry layer, making it simply incomparable.
Be sure to try this recipe lemon tart with strawberry curd and meringue ♥