- 2 cups chunky-style mild or hot red salsa (
16 oz jar)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 1/2 oz can chopped mild or hot green chiles (
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion or
1 smallyellow or white onion; peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp standard chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp table salt optional (check the salt content of the salsa)
- 2 lbs frozen ground turkey
- 2 tbsp yellow cornmeal
- Soft flour or corn tortillas or taco shells for serving
- Shredded lettuce for serving
- shredded cheese for serving
Stir the salsa, broth, chiles, onion, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, and salt (if using) in an Instant Pot. Set the
two blocksof frozen turkey in the pot so that they look like an A-frame or a lean-to, sticking up out of the liquid and balancing against each other along their upper edges. Lock the lid onto the pot.
Option 1 Max Pressure Cooker
Press Pressure cook on Max pressure for 20 minutes with the Keep Warm setting off.
Option 2 All Pressure Cookers
Press Poultry, Pressure cook or Manual on High pressure for 25 minutes with the Keep Warm setting off.
Use the quick-release method to bring the pot’s pressure back to normal. Unlatch the lid and open the cooker. Use the edge of a large, metal spoon and a meat fork to break the ground turkey into tiny bits.
Press the button SAUTÉ, set it for MEDIUM, NORMAL, or CUSTOM
400°F. Set the timer for 5 minutes.
Bring the turkey mixture to a simmer, stirring quite often. Stir in the cornmeal and simmer until thickened, 2–3 minutes. Turn off the SAUTÉ function, set the lid askew over the pot, and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken some more. Serve warm in tortillas with shredded lettuce and cheese.