- herring fillet – 500 gr.
- chicken egg – 3 pcs.
- sliced long loaf – 50 gr.
- green apple – 150 gr.
- wine vinegar – 1 tsp
- onions – 100 gr.
- matzo – for serving
1. Peel the herring and separate the fillets.
2. Peel and chop the apple coarsely and sprinkle with lemon juice so that the apple does not darken. Coarsely chop the onion.
3. Cut from a regular sliced loaf – three medium-sized slices.
Crusts do not need to be cut.
Put them in a bowl and pour cold.
4. Boil hard boiled and peel eggs.
5. Pass the herring fillet, hard-boiled eggs, onions, apples, well-wrung bread and parsley through a meat grinder.
If there is no meat grinder, then you can chop all the ingredients with a knife.
6. Add butter, a teaspoon of good wine vinegar to the minced meat and mix well.
7. Divide the matzo leaves into portioned squares and put the mincemeat on each, and parsley leaf on top.
It turns out a beautiful portioned appetizer.