- flour – 120 gr.
- oatmeal (average size No. 2) – 150 gr.
- baking powder – 1 tsp
- butter – 120 gr.
- milk – 60 ml.
- egg – 2 pcs.
- brown sugar (you can regular) – 150 gr.
- vanilla sugar – 8 g
- salt – a pinch
- lemon juice – 2-3 tablespoons
- lemon zest – 1 tsp
- walnuts – 80 gr.
- apples – 400 gr.
1. Prepare all the ingredients.
They must be at room temperature!
2. Wash the nuts (so that the bitterness goes away), finely chop and dry a little in a dry frying pan.
3. Add oatmeal and sugar to nuts, caramelize over medium heat, constantly stirring until sugar is completely dissolved (about 5-7 minutes).
4. Wash and peel the apples (optional), remove the core and cut into small cubes.
Then transfer to a deep bowl, add the zest and lemon juice, mix.
5. In a deep bowl, mix soft butter with eggs, vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt;
6. Separately mix the flour with baking powder, sift into the oil and egg mixture and mix thoroughly;
7. Add the oatmeal mixture, mix.
8. Add apples and mix again.
9. Transfer the dough into a mold (diameter 26 cm), greased with vegetable oil and smooth.
10. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. Readiness can be checked with a toothpick.
Attention! Baking time depends on the features of the oven, so focus on your oven.
11. Cool oatmeal cake to cool, decorate as desired!
When serving, you can pour over condensed milk or serve with ice cream. This is delicious!