- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 medium carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples cored and chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 cup vegetable broth or chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot® and melt butter. Add carrots and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add apples, onion, garlic, ginger, tarragon, and nutmeg and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Press the Cancel button.
Add broth and stir well. Close lid and set steam release to Sealing, then press the Manual button and adjust cook time to 10 minutes.
When the timer beeps, let pressure release naturally, about 15 minutes. Remove lid and stir well. Use an immersion blender, or work in batches with a blender, to purée soup until smooth. Stir in cream, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with chives and serve hot.