- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 medium carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups Seafood Stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 cans chopped clams
6 1/2 ounceseach
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot® and melt butter. Add celery, carrot, and onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, pepper, thyme, and oregano and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Sprinkle flour over vegetables and mix well, then cook 1 minute until no dry flour remains. Slowly add stock, whisking constantly until smooth, then add bay leaf and potatoes. Press the Cancel button.
Close lid and set steam release to Sealing, then press the Manual button and adjust cook time to 5 minutes.
When the timer beeps, let pressure release naturally, about 15 minutes. Open lid and stir in clams and cream. Discard bay leaf and serve immediately with chives for garnish.