- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 medium onions peeled and chopped
- 18 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms stemmed and sliced
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 piece fresh ginger peeled and chopped,
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 block firm tofu drained and cubed,
- 1 package fresh ramen noodles
- 8 scallions cut into
- 8 sheets toasted nori
- 4 tsp chili oil
Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot® and heat oil. Add carrots and onions to pot and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until they just soften, about 3 minutes, then add garlic, ginger, and soy sauce and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Press the Cancel button and add broth and tofu to pot. Stir well. Close lid, set steam release to Sealing, press the Manual button, and set time to 6 minutes.
When the timer beeps, quick-release the pressure. Open lid and add ramen noodles. Cook according to package directions. Press the Cancel button and stir in scallions. Serve ramen in bowls with nori and chili oil for garnish.