- 1 large head green cabbage cored
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onion finely chopped
- 3 cups brown rice cooked
- 3 ounces feta cheese crumbled, about
- 1/2 cup currants dried
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 14.5 ounce tomatoes crushed, undrained,
- parsley additional, chopped and fresh, optional
Steam cabbage head 8 minutes; cool slightly. Remove 16 leaves from cabbage head; discard remaining cabbage. Cut off raised portion of the center vein of each cabbage leaf (do not cut out vein); set trimmed cabbage leaves aside.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; swirl to coat. Add onion; cover and cook 6 minutes or until tender.
Remove from heat; stir in brown rice and next 4 ingredients (through parsley). Stir in
1⁄4 teaspoonof the salt and 1⁄8 teaspoonof the pepper.
Place cabbage leaves on a flat surface; spoon about
1⁄3 cuprice mixture into center of each cabbage leaf. Fold in edges of leaves over rice mixture; roll up. Arrange cabbage rolls in bottom of the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
Combine the remaining
1⁄4teaspoon salt, remaining 1⁄8teaspoon pepper, apple juice, vinegar, and tomatoes; pour evenly over cabbage rolls.
Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Turn the steam release handle to “Venting” position. Press [Slow Cook], and use [Adjust] to select “More” mode. Press [-] or [+] to choose 2 hours cook time.
Serve sprinkled with parsley, if desired. Enjoy!