- 2/3 cup uncooked brown rice rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 1 cup chopped green onion both green and white parts
- 1 cup sliced red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup chopped red or purple cabbage
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts drained,
- 1 can no salt added chickpeas rinsed and drained,
- 1 can lite coconut milk 13 oz
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
Combine the rice, water, curry powder, and
1/4 tspof the salt in the Instant Pot.
Seal the lid, close the valve, and set the Manual/Pressure Cook button to 15 minutes.
Use a natural pressure release for about 12 minutes. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid and stir in the remaining ingredients.
Press the Cancel button and set to Sauté. Then press the Adjust button to “More” or “High.” Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, or until all the ingredients are heated through, stirring occasionally.