- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/4 cup dried onion
- 2 tablespoons dried green bell pepper
- 2 cups dried black beans
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water; plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese to serve, optional
- diced green bell peppers to serve
- diced red onion to serve
- corn chips or raw vegetables; for dipping
Layer the dry ingredients in the jar in the order listed.
Place all of the jarred ingredients into the Instant Pot. Add
3 1/2 cupsof vegetable broth or water. Stir to mix. Cover with the lid and ensure the vent is in the “Sealed” position. Pressure cook or Manual on High for 35 minutes. Allow the steam pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes. Use an immersion blender or carefully transfer the contents of the Instant Pot to a blender and puree until somewhat smooth, adding additional vegetable broth or water as needed to blend.
Pour the mixture into a serving dish and top with the shredded cheese, if using. Top with diced bell peppers and onions, and serve with corn chips or raw vegetables.