- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock divided
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 large carrots peeled and thinly sliced, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp pure stevia powder
- 3/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame thawed
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets thinly sliced
- 4 cups red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 medium avocados peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
Place the rice and
1 cupstock in the inner pot. Secure the lid.
Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust the time to 24 minutes.
While the rice is cooking, make the dressing. In a powerful blender, blend the olive oil, vinegar, half of the carrot slices, ginger, lime juice, stevia, sesame oil, and salt until the mixture is super smooth. Set aside.
When the timer beeps, let pressure release naturally until float valve drops and then unlock lid. Use a fork to fluff the rice. Press the Cancel button.
Press the Sauté button and add
1/4 cupstock with the edamame and broccoli. Gently stir and then let them cook until warm, about 2 minutes.
To assemble the Vegetable Buddha Bowls, spoon one quarter of the rice mixture into each of the four bowls. Add one quarter each of the remaining carrot slices, cabbage, cucumber, and avocado slices to each bowl, keeping the ingredients separated. Sprinkle one quarter of the sesame seeds and scallions over each bowl and drizzle with one quarter of the Carrot Ginger Dressing.